www.squeak.org Download Web Page dead link

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Nov 9 00:04:30 UTC 2004

Firstly, kudos to Bruce for going ahead & updating the download page
without waiting for unanimous agreement on squeak-dev. :) (otherwise,
nothing would ever get done, as is often the case with these sorts of
things)  Removing the extraneous clutter about mouse buttons was also an
excellent idea.

Anyway, one small thing with the new format... for the other/older
ports, it might be worth adding one table row at the end of the ports
table (after "Squeak on many PDAs"), indicating "Other ports", with a
one-line description something like "Other ports including BeOS, NeXT,
DOS, OS/2, etc.", and with a link to the Other Ports swiki page at
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/271.  (Itsy and Zaurus should be
covered under PDAs.)  Then, get rid of your "The old Squeak download
page is -here-" link at the bottom of the page in a few weeks after
people have adjusted to the new format.

- Doug