Project loading in 3.7

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Nov 9 10:16:45 UTC 2004

Hi all!

While on the subject so to speak - I am currently migrating an app from
3.6 to 3.7 that uses ImageSegments for domain model storage. It then
appeared to me that ImageSegments saved from 3.6 and loaded into 3.7 get
broken Date instances. This is of course not surprising, given the
change in representation of Dates.

Now... the questions:

1. Should we care to make this work? Is it meant to work? I assume
Squeaklanders might want it to work, though they don't use Dates much
perhaps in their projects.

2. How can I fix it? Is there some place to hook in conversion code? I
can of course sniff around but perhaps someone can give me a quick hint.

regards, Göran