Updating Squeak

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Tue Nov 9 17:00:56 UTC 2004

Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org> said:

> On Tuesday 09 November 2004 1:58 am, Frank Shearar wrote:
> > So what gives? How can I recover my image from this? Can I
> just clear these
> > windows down, close all the active apps (a WhiskerBrowser, a BFAV, a
> > TestBrowser), save the image and restart it?
>
> What's the size of your .changes file?

15.2 MB (16,024,655 bytes). If I open the .changes in emacs I see right at the bottom this:

	oldChanges close.
	FileDirectory default
		deleteFileNamed: oldChanges name , '.old';
		rename: oldChanges name toBe: oldChanges name , '.old';
		rename: f name toBe: oldChanges name.
	Smalltalk setMacFileInfoOn: oldChanges name.
	SourceFiles at: 2
			put: (FileStream oldFileNamed: oldChanges name)! !

and Squeak3.7b.changes.old has size 24.4 MB (25,622,724 bytes).

frank

whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
RNID policy.
If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the RNID
Helpdesk by telephone on: +44 (0) 207 296 8282.
The Royal National Institute for Deaf People
Registered Office 19*23 Featherstone Street
London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England)
Registered Charity No. 207720