unable to reload a project :-)

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Tue Nov 9 17:04:10 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 2:38 am, Joseph Frippiat wrote:

> I finally succeeded to reload my toy project in a fresh new image (Squeak
> 3.7).  But I needed to install the packages DHB Numerical Analysis and
> Magma Server.  I don't know why.  Those packages were present in the image
> when the project was saved but they were not used.

Did you have anything like a Browser or ChangeSorter open in the saved
project?

> I have also noticed that my project file has become very huge: 63 KB for
> FunFunFun.001.pr (that's the name of my project :-) ), 71 KB for
> FunFunFun.002.pr and 1.300 KB for FunFunFun.003.pr .
>
> I also noticed that the windows title are "damaged" when I collapse/expand
> them.

What kind of windows are these?

Are you loading the project into the same version, or is this from an older
version? Since the fonts have changed, windows titles may be damaged. We had
an update in the 3.7 stream that fixed these, but I don't remember which one
it was.

> Is it possible that somebody looks at that project and explains me what
> went wrong ?  As the file is quite big, where can I load it ?

You could mail it to me.

I don't know if the uploads to the Swiki have been disabled or not; perhaps
the password (username squeak, password viewpoints) will allow you to do
this.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/