Running Squeak as NT Service does not work in newer Win32 VM's

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Fri Nov 12 11:16:15 UTC 2004

It's strange. I use several Squeaks as NT services with newest Win32 VM on
Windows Server 2003.  But I have to say, that I added new Squeak service a
few days ago and the VM didn't find image again. This service had the SAME
SETTINGS as the other ones. I have tried to do everything possible (rename
directory with VM, redefine security settings etc.) and it's running now.
But I don't know the concrete actions to bring it to its senses.

My INI File:

[Global]
DeferUpdate=1
ShowConsole=0
DynamicConsole=1
ReduceCPUUsage=1
ReduceCPUInBackground=0
3ButtonMouse=0
1ButtonMouse=0
UseDirectSound=1
PriorityBoost=1
B3DXUsesOpenGL=0

CaseSensitiveFileMode=0
ImageFile="D:\Squeak Web Servers\Comtalk\Squeak.image"

[Security]
UserDirectory="D:\Squeak Web Servers\Comtalk\"

Registry settings

ImagePath = D:\Squeak Web Servers\Comtalk\Comtalk.exe
Startup\Image = d:\Squeak Web Servers\Comtalk\Squeak.image
Startup\Memory = 32

Pavel