Seaside root level URL

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Nov 13 10:19:29 UTC 2004

On Nov 12, 2004, at 12:47 PM, Jason Rogers wrote:

> I am trying to set up a Seaside application that answers at the root
> level
> (eg. http://192.168.2.1:8200/ vs http://192.168.2.1:8200/seaside).
> Can this
> be done.  I tried a few different approaches and couldn't get it to
> work.

[snip]

> I have tried this both with Comanche and Swazoo but without success.  I
> realize that I could run another service external to Squeak that
> listens on
> that port and forwards to Squeak, but that seems a waste.

You might try using Swazoo-Listener instead of Swazoo-Server. It's a
very light-weight socket listener that accepts http connections parses,
requests using Swazoo-HTTP and feeds them into Seaside.

Since it's hardwired to send everything to Seaside, it doesn't need the
/seaside/ part of the URL.

Colin