How do I run without a window.

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sat Nov 13 11:23:44 UTC 2004

Squeak Smalltalk <wallenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I try to port one of our Java App to Squeak.
> My first problem is that this app run on a server and process some files.
> We do not have any window on this server.
>
> So how do I start/stop the squeak app ?
> Today it runs with crontab on the server.
>
> Probably I'm missing some thing.
>
> Thx for any help,advice or link ;)
To run Squeak without a window is referred to as running it headless. I
have never tried it myself, but a search for "headless" on the Squeak
Swiki brought the following pages:

- http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/105
- http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1111

Basically, you should be able to just use the command line option
-headless. In case you want to run it on a Windows server, you can also
run it as a System service.

Good luck!

- Bernhard