[BUG][FIX] Squeak3.8b-6351 freezes when debugging StandardSystemFontsTest. Alt-. does not work.

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sat Nov 13 15:22:56 UTC 2004

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Rollandin?= <lecteur at zogotounga.net> wrote:
> Bernhard Pieber wrote:
> > I wonder what the correct approach is now. Should I create an empty
> > changeset with Delay startTimerInterruptWatcher as postscript and attach
> > it to the bug in Mantis?
> yes, I think that if this is indeed the right fix it should go in the
> update stream
>
> but as I don't really know about the exact nature of the problem, I
> leave it to someone more knowledgeable than I am to find out what
> happened exactly and check that this is the right fix all right.
>
> this trouble should definitely be taken care of, as it seems by your
> case and mine that some images can not be updated at this stage. let's
> state again for those that haven't seen the problem that such images are
> very unstable and completely unusable.
Ok, here you go: Change Set with a fix or at least a workaround for the
described freeze.

from preamble:

"Change Set:		DelayStartTimerInterruptWatcher-bp
Date:			13 November 2004
Author:			Bernhard Pieber

This is just an empty Change Set with only a Postscript
which prevents Squeak from freezing. Probably it is
only a workaround for a deeper problem. Thanks to
Stéphane Rollandin for providing this workaround!!"!

I would feel much better, though, if some expert could look at the heart
of the problem to see if this is really a fix or just a workaround. It
would also be interesting if anyone can reproduce the problem and if it
happens on Mac and Linux as well.

- Bernhard