Build problems on Linux

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Sun Nov 14 13:45:17 UTC 2004

Am 14.11.2004 um 00:44 schrieb Jimmie Houchin:

> Hello I am attempting to build a VM on Linux (Ubuntu), Athlon.
> e output of configure and an edited make.

You shouldn't have to edit the makefile.

> If I am missing any tools or headers which I should have let me know.
> checking for gawk... no
> checking for mawk... mawk
> checking whether we can gnuify interp.c... no

This is bad. Without gnuifying you will get a sub-par performance.
Install gawk. However, the compile should work.

> /home/jimmie/Desktop/b-3.7b-5/Squeak-3.7b-5/src/vm/interp.c:734:
> error: syntax error before "const"

Can you attach the source code lines surrounding that error? This
should not happen. Did you try without -O3?

Did you generate the interpreter sources on your own? This is the stuff
inside the src/ dir, as opposed to the platforms/ tree.

- Bert -