[ANN] wxSqueak update

Rob Gayvert rtg at rochester.rr.com
Mon Nov 15 18:44:46 UTC 2004

PhiHo,

I'm a relative newcomer to Squeak (I started with 3.2), so I can't
say how much would be required to make wxSqueak work with 2.2. A few
VM changes are necessary (about 5 lines in Win32, but more for OS X).
If you leave out the WxWidgets-Tools category, there should be no
interaction with anything Morphic. Event handling for wx objects is
done is separate processes, so there isn't any dependency on the normal
Squeak event loop. The main issue with earlier versions of Squeak
would probably be with the plugin generation. Can 2.2 use plugin source
generated by later versions? If not, it might be a bit tricky to
recreate the source, since I'm subclassing SmartSyntaxPluginCodeGenerator,
which is of more recent vintage.

.. Rob