[ENH][BUG][FIX][2] Areithfa Ffenestri - Host windows for Squeak

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Nov 15 21:41:02 UTC 2004

People reported a bug with window resizing, a VM crash actually.
It's fixed. I've also cross checked with OS-9 and fixed some issues
with the SUnit tests on that operating system.
I've pushed out a new image/change file to

http://homepage.mac.com/johnmci/FileSharing.html

please check the experimental directory for the
altered TweakFfenestri.sit file,
the 3.8.4b3 Macintosh VM for OS-X and OS-9. and see the
experimental/ChangeSetsSeeReadMeFirst  directory for additional
changesets to update an
existing image.

Notes about 3.8.X

3.8.4b3			Support for GC statistical data and change to how memory is
allocated and tenured.
					Additional statistical information from the GC routines
					Additional primitives to set GC semaphore, and to force a tenure

				Change to make forward logic to look for "foo become: foo" and
cause a prim failure.
				Earlier version of 3.8.4 where distributed to Ffenstri testers.

				sqMacHostWindow		Change calls to move and size window to use
GUILocker callbacks to avoid VM crash.
				sqMacWIndow.c		Alter 1/2/4 bit support to pass in bit size of
target window, then copy is more efficient.
===