How to move cursor in MVC?

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Tue Nov 16 10:15:34 UTC 2004

Am 16.11.2004 um 09:54 schrieb david:

>  How to move cursor in MVC? Programmatically? Is it even possible? I
> used "Sensor cursorPoint:" but it did not worked. Is there any other
> way way how to access cursorForm than using the Sensor global
> variable?

"Cursor currentCursor" is the current cursor form.

Sensor>>cursorPoint: is broken, the VM does not support setting the
cursor position anymore.

>  I want it for moving points in graph of the function

Well, my first reaction to this would be "use the mouse" ;-)

> and only way I could do it just now is workaround using blank Cursor
> and predending it is moved, calculating difference.  So please tell me
> I'm an idiot and show me way it works, please ;-)

I don't quite understand what you want ... move a Form that looks like
a mouse cursor over the screen programmatically (as a demo, maybe) or
do you really need to move the system's mouse cursor?

If the former, you might use something like this:

	Cursor blank showWhile: [
		Cursor normal
			follow: [Display extent - Sensor mousePoint]
			while: [Sensor noButtonPressed]]

In the latter case, well, complain to the VM folks to restore the
CursorLocPut primitive. Or do it on your own, via FFI.

- Bert -