Swiki vandals

Lothar Schenk lothar.schenk at gmx.de
Tue Nov 16 12:29:19 UTC 2004

Frank Shearar wrote:

> It looks like one can lock a page with an arbitrary password. This actually
> gets in the way of _repairing_ the graffiti. I've had a couple minutes free
> in which I could have fixed the damage quickly and easily, only I can't.
> Can we not simply remove the ability to lock these pages with arbitrary
> passwords, if such a capacity exists?

I'm very much in favor of that proposition, too.

The current state is the ideology of openness taken too far.

In my opinion, if everyone should have the ability to edit a page, no one
should have the ability to restrict that right, at least in principle.
Locking pages should be an exception made purely for administrators.

Lothar