integration of desktop and external applications in 3D Environment

Joshua Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Thu Nov 18 17:52:47 UTC 2004

When you say "frame buffer" do you mean more generalized GPU memory
access than just the pixels that are directly displayed on the screen?
For example, will it be possible to directly map an X window to a chunk
of memory corresponding to an OpenGL texture?  That would be cool.

If this is not the case, wouldn't we have to do something akin to the
kludge you describe in order to map the window onto 3d surface anyway?

Joshua