Does anybody thought about having ...

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Nov 18 23:34:34 UTC 2004

On Nov 18, 2004, at 3:05 PM, Blake wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:49:13 -0800, Brian Rice <water at tunes.org> wrote:
>
>> Oops. I didn't answer this one question well-enough:

>> I already stated that we had multiple inheritance, but it is not at
>> the level of the SCG work simply because we couldn't do it. The
>> transition to SCG-style semantics is new (so new it's not in a
>> numbered release yet), and so the library refactoring and full
>> requires/provides annotations have not been completed. We will likely
>> borrow ideas from the SCG's published code just to speed up the
>> process, although it will not likely turn out the same for many
>> reasons.
>
> I'm sorry: What is SCG? (I can normally decode the acronyms and
> abbreviations here with a Google search but not this one.)

The very first Google result is the correct one: The Software
Composition Group (http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/). It is research group
which Stephane is involved with in Berne. The Squeak-Traits project
comes from there and some other interesting work is done like the
(Squeak) Kernel Cleanup Project.

--
Brian T. Rice
LOGOS Research and Development