Does anybody thought about having ...

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Nov 19 12:37:24 UTC 2004

> We can now perform the kind of requires/provides-logic that is done in
> the SCG work, and have each traits able to re-order its sub-traits for
> particular behavioral compositions.

Why do you say reorder since trait composition is not ordered?

> Think about it: for us, we are moving from pure multiple inheritance
> (which we never liked) to the SCG's Traits model, rather than
> Smalltalk's single inheritance (which is usable but limited) up to
> said model. So our move is for safety, not expressiveness in the
> technical sense.

Ok I'm really curious to see how our model is applied there and if it
scales well and how much benefit we get. I'm biased because I believe
in traits :) but your experience has a big value for me so please keep
doing and let me know when I can have fun with it and when you have
some data to compare
your current model to the previous situation.

Stef