3.8 going gamma (soon)

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Nov 19 21:23:56 UTC 2004

Am 19.11.2004 um 16:04 schrieb Michael Rueger:

> Hi all,
>
> we would like to move 3.8 to gamma and then on to stable/release next
> week.
>
> Please all have a look at http://bugs.impara.de and
>
> - see if there is a fix somewhere for one of the bugs (the fixes that
> where on there are the ones that I sent around, some of which will be
> going into either 3.8 or 3.9)
>
> - check if there are any approved fixes in BFAV that you think should
> go into 3.8.

approved is empty. And I can't think of anything really important that
would need to go into 3.8
(but if anybody has something that he thinks is essential, please say
so!)

> I must confess that I haven't worked with BFAV much because I get too
> easily confused by >10k entries...

We are at 142. There was a time (last year) when BFAV showed thousands
of postings...

> BTW, who is "The Harvest Master"?

The one who puts the updates in the stream. This used to be Doug, but
now it's more distributed (e.g. I put
stuf there, you did, stef did...). So it's the one "in charge" of the
stream at a given time, I'd say.

     Marcus