SM entry out of date (was re:[ANN] Mac support in ExternalWebBrowser)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Nov 24 20:32:36 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 11:54:40AM -0800, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> Alexander Lazareviæ <Alexander at Lazarevic.de> wrote:
>
> > Thanks to Dominique Dutoit there is now a version of the
> > ExternalWebBrowser package with Mac support on SqueakMap or SqueakSource.
> I took a quick look at this and note that
>
> a) the version installed by default from SM is _not_ the latest one, so
> some SM entry setup needs checking. I was puzzled for a while why there
> was no apparent Mac support...

Most likely the SM server has lost its recent memory. I made a new SM release
shortly before the SM went down (coincidence?), and that entry has disappeared.
So it's possible that a number of SM entries are out of date at the moment.

Hopefully someone can bring the server back to life, but for now it is probably
best not to make any changes to SM entries. It might just add to the confusion
for whomever is trying to restore the real SM.

Dave