spontaneous menu change

Chris Crowley chris at winterstorm.ca
Thu Nov 25 02:33:32 UTC 2004

Hello:

I'm using squeak3.7 (this issue happened w/ 3.6 as well.)

I'm using a workspace window to test code: I type in the workspace,
select the code I typed, and then click on the middle/wheel mouse
'button' and choose "copy", "paste", "do it", "print it" etc. from the
usual menu that pops up in this context. Every so often however (at
least once a coding session), the usual menu doesn't pop up, rather the
2nd page of this menu pops up, and there's no way to get back to the 1st
page, since nothing is selectable. When this happens, the world menu
changes as well, and nothing is selectable from it either. After a
while, this "bug" corrects itself or I inadvertently do something that
corrects it. For instance, I went away from squeak and typed this, came
back, and the usual "do it" "print it" etc. menu popped up just fine.
The next time it happened I went away to continue this email, returned
to squeak, and the problem hadn't healed itself. But on returning to
squeak a minute later it was fine again. Anyone encountered this and
have an insight?

Chris.