Menu.jpeg (JPEG Image, 201x196 pixels)

Chris Crowley chris at winterstorm.ca
Fri Nov 26 03:59:33 UTC 2004

I'm using Fedora Core 1 (Linux Kernel 2.6). The problem, for me, has
nothing to do with the shift key. If I press 'Caps Lock' and left-click
in the world, I get an unusuable different menu as below. Similarly if i
press the wheel mouse middle 'button' in a workspace window context, I
get an unusable 2nd page of that context's menu. And, within the
workspace window, I can no longer control the selection of text, not
that I could do anything with the text via the now unusable menu. I
should add that this is no longer a problem for me since I discovered
that clicking on the Caps Lock solves (and triggers) the problem. Still,
until I got clued in, this was almost a show-stopper as far as using squeak.

Chris.

file:///home/chris/squeak3.7/Menu.jpeg
<cid:part1.09060702.00030606 at winterstorm.ca>

Ned Konz wrote:

On Thursday 25 November 2004 8:34 am, Milan Zimmermann wrote:

>As Bert suggeted, this sounds like Linux VM problem. I just tried on
>Windows and no problem there.
>
>It's hapenning on all VM's on my Suse 8.1, Squeak VM 3.7b-5 #2.

I don't know that this is a "problem"; we're not even looking at caps lock, as
I recall.

Instead, we are seeing the SHIFT key being pressed while the CAPS LOCK is on
(that is, it is acting as a SHIFT lock).

And many menus (the world menu and the text editor menus) do something
different when SHIFT is on.