Which graphics package to use?

Ryan Zerby tahognome at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 17:48:59 UTC 2004

I'm writing my first real squeak program, Mancala (My favorite game to
program for some reason :)   I'm thinking that I want to use Morphic
for my first version of the interface (yes? no?)

I see all of these other cool graphics packages as well, and am a
smidgen overwhelmed about what I would want to use should I decide to
code a 3D interface (perhaps something that
would look neat in croquet).  What package should I be aiming to use
(and why?) .

I see my loftier goals as making applications for squeak as a tool for
wearable computers. I'll
want something that can support both an overly (for 2D information,
HUDs, etc) as well
as reasonably realistic 3D (for data that is interactive with the
environment.. flat shading
would be enough, but I'd prefer something more).

Thanks!