About having version aware MC and MC in basic image

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 30 19:05:58 UTC 2004

stéphane ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> So I know that some of you are against having mc in the basic
> image
I'm not - in fact I was trying to get around to a mail suggesting that
MC should be included in Basic. Since Basic is the de facto developer's
image (at least until we get to a stage where a real kernel exists that
can be built into configurations easily and reliably and by anyone) it
seems that it should have the important tools already installed and
ready to go.

I claim that MC is important enough that it should be considered a basic
tool as much as the file content browser, the protocol browser etc.

tim
Strange OpCodes: CSD: Charge Surreptitiously to DOE