About removing global variables

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Nov 30 21:21:45 UTC 2004

Hi Stef,

Oops, no kicking intended. The problem of removing (or replacing) global
variables is a good one but one that doesn't stop at the point of removing
Smalltalk and moving the bindings into Object or some other place. The point
is that Smalltalk is a "name for the environment" that a class lives in and
removing the "global" doesn't remove the environment - just its name.

Cheers,
  - Andreas