[ANN] eCompletion - code completion inspired by eclipse

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Nov 30 22:13:04 UTC 2004

Am 30.11.2004 um 22:41 schrieb Ruben Bakker:

> How important is MVC for an extension as eCompletion? It worth the
> effort, or is something that is passing away slowly? Maybe we need to
> distinguish between development and deployment. For deployment the
> image can be stripped but for development Morphic could be there...
> What do you think?

Yes, and even for deployment: This is end of 2004. Even my notebook
computer hat
2GB of RAM. Most people "deploying" Squeak apps (e.g. with seaside)
don't strip
the image, as it's a good idea to have the tools available in the
deployment image
for fixing bugs fast.

There might be some need for stripping if you are doing embedded stuff,
but then
you won't need the dev tools or use a setup like squat of resilient
that allows to debug/browse
over the net.

I don't think that MVC is that important: There are I think a bunch of
people using it (sometime
there are fixes submitted for MVC that even have been added to the
release), but overall the
number of people developing with MVC should be closer to zero than to
10.

So don't waste your time with MVC is you don't need this for yourself.

      Marcus