Persistent components - with ReferenceStream ?

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Mon Oct 4 08:51:07 UTC 2004

In BabyUML I have I have implemented my own classes for Behavior and its
subclasses.
BabyUML classes are regular objects and not stored in the Smalltalk dictionary.

I need persistent storage of the BabyUML classes and their instances.

I am trying ReferenceStream, but ReferenceStream seems to assume that all
classes exist permanently in the Smalltalk dictionary. I am now trying to
build a new version of ReferenceStream that stores non-Smalltalk class
objects as regular objects so that they can be read and installed  when needed.

Any comments, anyone?

Cheers
--Trygve

--

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: trygver <at> ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver