Squeak PC

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 12:14:40 UTC 2004

Fri Oct 1 17:46:41 CEST 2004 aaron reichow areichow at d.umn.edu wrote:

>Don't get me wrong- it looks like fun, but wouldn't a display with
>that low of res- 230 x 173- be a bit hard to use?  And as some folks
>know, I'm a guy who uses all sorts of low res devices with Squeak,
>even down to 160x160... And I can't imagine that 230 x 173 would be
>much more than a pain in the butt.
>
>But fun to have display glasses! :)

Yup, you're probably right, but the same company makes a "pro" model
that's ONLY $899 for 800 x 600.  Just more money.

And for the Croqueters in the bunch, or Croutons as I like to call
them, they have 3D LCD shutter-type glasses and a head tracking device
for ONLY $200 or so at http://www.edimensional.com.  That seems pretty
cheap to me.  The glasses require a regular monitor, though, and won't
work with an LCD display like a notebook's.