BFAV cannot download emails

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Wed Oct 6 04:46:27 UTC 2004

I think Marcus said it best that the main problem right now is that
there has been a long time with the unstable stream getting updates and
nothing moving to the stable stream just yet.  If things moved to the
stable stream every week or few days, you could probably just follow
the stable stream and be able to contribute bug reports reasonably.

I'm not sure that being able to replace updates in place was
necessarily the main point of the unstable stream.  (I think the main
point is just that it's quite unstable.)  But I think the policy that
updating-in-place is allowed in the unstable stream, and not allowed in
the stable stream, is reasonable.

Anyway, I've mostly just let the update stream loose so that various
harvesters are adding their updates directly.  (I haven't had much time
to contribute in the last couple weeks.)  Naturally the big changes of
m17n have required quite a bit of time to settle down.  I'm basically
waiting for word from somebody that the unstable stream feels
reasonably stable enough to move everything to the stable stream... I
think we should do this soon even if it's not super-stable.

- Doug