BFAV cannot download emails

danielv at tx.technion.ac.il danielv at tx.technion.ac.il
Tue Oct 5 02:04:07 UTC 2004

2 - Sure, but that still doesn't imply 1. If you make it scary enough
(don't guarantee you wont rm -r /), you will have as few users of the
unstable stream as you want. Why not go for a compromise?

Maybe something along the lines of -
1. Unstable *can* have back changesets changed. This is the solution for
update-load-breaking stuff, and it might also be used for other things
that should stop being in the stream (like something that deletes
people's Flaps).
2. Where simple and provided, a harmless changeset for reverting a bad
previous update can be added to the stream as usual, if this helps
people just update forward.

Daniel

Marcus Denker <denker at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
[1]
> But to be clear: We will *not* garentee anything about the unstable
> update stream.
[2]