[ANN]Areithfa Ffenestri - Host windows for Squeak

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Oct 6 17:47:34 UTC 2004

And John will publish a carbon macintosh os-x/os-9 3.8 VM with support
for this plus the change sets sometime before the weekend, and he notes
that support is mostly done for Tweak, allowing Tweak users to open
Tweak system windows on a separate host window.

He also notes that he has been working on a changeset for host menu
support. Right now
this is supported for the pending mac VM 3.8. This allows macintosh
users to build the menubar
as they wish and tie the execution of smalltalk blocks to a menu item.
Support for other
platforms (windows/unix) will rely on others to complete.

On Oct 6, 2004, at 10:29 AM, tim Rowledge wrote:

> For the last few months John & I have been working on Areithfa
> Ffenestri, a
> framework to support multiple host windows within Squeak. It is now in
> a state
> where we're willing to release the current version in the hope that
> some of you
> will be interested in looking at the architecture and current
> implementation.
>
> See the swiki page (http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3862) for some
> details.
> Offers of help in implementing other platform support appreciated.
>
> Note that this is emphatically not complete - in particular there is
> no support
> of any sort for Morphic yet. If you want that, you're gonna hafta work
> for it :-)
>
> tim
>
> --
> (from telus webmail - make sure to reply to the sumeru address or I
> likely won't
> see it)

===