[ANN] ClosureCompiler2 on SM

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Oct 7 14:32:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

I packaged Anthony's ClosureCompiler2 as a .sar. So this is now
auto-installable from SqueakMap.
You need an up-to-date 3.8a unstable.

The compiler is installed, to enable it, the preference
#compileBlocksAsClosures has to be turned
on.

Keep in mind:

    -> some things break, as they use old parsetree (e.g. eToys)
    -> it is slow, as Version2 need some new promitives

The plan for the compiler is the following: change the compiler to be a
drop-in
replacement for the old one, generating non-closure code. Then we can
fix all
the places that need the old AST (e.g. eToys) and then replace the old
compiler
  with the new one. And after that think we then can decide about
closures.

     Marcus