users of MonticelloCVS?

Kamil Kukura kamk at volny.cz
Fri Oct 8 06:54:10 UTC 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The last project I personally know of that was using MonticelloCVS (as
> opposed to Monticello's native versioning) has finally been migrated
> to the new(er) system, which leads me to wonder if there are any
> MonticelloCVS users left.  Anyone?  If so, please speak now -
> otherwise, I will declare it officially unsupported, and probably
> remove it from SqueakMap to avoid confusion.

I was once thinking to establish something like "SqueakForge" based on
GForge <www.gforge.org> for hosting various projects. There's already
support for CVS in it so I thought there would be a place for
MonticelloCVS. Anyhow, there is SqueakSource now, though it is yet far
away from GForge regarding features/capabilities.

Speaking about development, I still miss a single place where VM
development is hosted. MS Windows' version is being kept on SourceForge
which doesn't like openness of Squeak. SqueakFoundation doesn't have CVS
as promised before 3.7 release.

I have a possibility to place a server on 1GBit line here in local
university. But I'm still looking for some spare hardware. I will let
you know if something new will happen with this.

--
Kamil