[Q]: EventHandler

Andreas Gerdes squeakdev at skalarsoft.com
Mon Oct 11 20:09:02 UTC 2004

Hi
I want to build a dynamic list search widget - the content of a
PluggableListMorph changing according to the text entered in a
PluggableTextMorph
I  want each keystroke entered, so I create an EventHandler like
    myEditMorph eventHandler: (EventHandler new on: #keyStroke send:
#keyEntered: to: self).
that doesn't work, and in fact PluggableTextMorph doesn't receive a
#keyStroke: at all !?

I once found some code on the swiki showing how to spy on ANY keyStroke
in the system (sth. about ActiveHand or Sensor?) but now that I need it,
I can not find it... I am really confused about event handling in
general, I need some tips on how to experiment with it.

Thanks for your advice
Andreas