Croquet-World in SystemWindow

Stefan Carl-McGrath Stefan.Carl at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Wed Oct 13 14:00:04 UTC 2004

Hallo,

I experienced problems opening a Croquet-World (SampleTeapotMorph) within a
Squeak SystemWindow.

My workspace-code is as follows:

 win := SystemWindow labelled: 'test'.
 win addMorph: SampleTeapotMorph new
 	fullFrame: (LayoutFrame fractions: (0 at 0 corner: 1.0 at 1.0)).
 win openInWorldExtent: 800 at 600.

The SystemWindow opens and it does contain a Croquet-World, but the world is a
bit "odd" (i.e. no floor, no light etc.). Other things, like the menu at the
bottom of the croquet-window work fine, but it's reeeeaaally slow!

I experienced this on two different computers (WinXP) with reasonable graphics
hardware.

Does anybody know what causes this trouble?

Stefan Carl-McGrath :o)

--
"When man invented fire, he didn’t say, 'hey, let’s cook',
he said, 'great, now we can see naked bottoms in the dark.'"

Steve Taylor

[ cf. http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/coupling/ ]