Squeak-dev Digest, Vol 22, Issue 20

Andreas Nilsson wahboh at mac.com
Fri Oct 15 22:54:25 UTC 2004

One reason would be that you're working at a company where management,
salesmen and support need to know what's going on and have their saying
(which is a good thing) and everybody can't read code. Calling everyone
who can't read code incompetent is a pretty arrogant, nonproductive
attitude.
Another reason is that you tend to get more emotionally attached to
code than to brief descriptions which is inherently bad early on in the
production cycle.
I'd say that a lot of techniques from the good (why bad?) old days
tends to be forgotten while chasing the latest trend because humans
like to simplify things, this good = everything else bad.

/Adde