Class comments!?

Andres Valloud sqrmax at cox.net
Sat Oct 16 20:55:49 UTC 2004

Hello.

> Well, if the harvesters actually DEMAND class comments, then I am
> sure that the developers could take their time to actually write a
> line or two explaining what the heck the object IS.

Random dictates that you will, in the course of your business,
encounter other developers with different levels of experience than
yours.

Code should be readable by most developers, because as a team you and
your team mates should all be successful.

Therefore, code should be written with special care, trying to make it
very simple.  Our problems as developers are usually very simple, and
Smalltalk already provides in its library many ways of solving simple
problems elegantly.  This is something that can be done.

Or not.  Because unnecessary complexity artificially raises the value
of small accomplishments.

Caesars thrive in such environments at the cost of making the whole
team fail.

Andres.