[bug] Squeak freezes.

Michael van der Gulik squeakml at gulik.co.nz
Sun Oct 17 08:49:40 UTC 2004

David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 06:02:54PM +1300, Michael van der Gulik wrote:
>

>>Hi.
>>
>>Squeak freezes on me. I'm using:
>>

> Hi Michael,
>
> The fix for this is on BFAV under the "Update" tab. Look for subject line:
>
>   "Re: [bug][FIX] stack overflow crashes Squeak. (one-line fix attached)"

Hmm... strange. I replied to this ages ago, but my reply seems to have
dissipated into the ether.

Runaway recursion keeps running away until the image reaches 1gb or the
memory limit set in the command line. Is it possible to limit the stack
to, say, 1000 levels of recursion, after which time I get a stack
overflow error?

I can't interupt runaway recursion; the VM doesn't react to alt-. and
the only way of stopping and debugging a runaway recursive error is to
wait until a low space warning pops up. Or am I doing something wrong?

Mikevdg.