Apparently Squeaking in russia is possible ;)

danil a. osipchuk danil-home at tsnet.ru
Sun Oct 17 17:18:42 UTC 2004

yes, creators of smalltalk.ru even use smalltalk in production ( billing
system writen in Dolphin - in Tver city ISP company) :) There are also
several smalltalkers in Ukrain (mostly VisualWorks users) and
St.Peterburg, but not in Moscow (where I'm residing, although one VAST
job showed up for moment). it seems that it is slowly spreading last two
years, because several years ago I couldn't find nothing about smalltalk
in russian web :).

danil