Class comments!?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Oct 17 22:23:50 UTC 2004

>> All in all I have, for some people, gotten in a 'trusted mode": If
>> there is a changeset from someone I trust (e.g. Ned, Diego, Andreas
>> and so on...) , it gets added if there are no conflicts. Just like of
>> they had CVS access.
>
> I sympathize with that. Since I also think the harvesting model is
> too... "slow".
>
> But given this fact - that we now are running in a different model -
> then IFF we want to make sure new classes do have class comments, we
> will have to try to make that happen by some other means.

How about just filing a bug report? The nice thing about Mantis is that
these things don't easily get lost and therefore if we're in a release cycle
it's simple to nag people about it.

> But anyway, I am tired of arguing for this and have now officially given
> up on my crusade for getting Squeak to have class comments and will
> hereby never again bring up the subject.

Maybe if you would calm down a little on the subject (I really don't see why
this particular issue makes you so touchy) and just start treat these things
as bugs (as in: PluggableMumbleMorph cannot have a border width > 2) it
would be a little easier? I happen to agree that most classes should have
comments (and there are definitely various classes in m17n which may not be
obvious to the un-initiated) but the way to make your statement in a way
that doesn't get lost is simply that: File a bug report.

Cheers,
  - Andreas