Squeak-dev Digest, Vol 22, Issue 20

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Oct 17 23:31:48 UTC 2004

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Well, let me put it like this: The single largest (and repeated) complaint I
> heard Alan make about Smalltalk-80 is that "no child has ever programmed in
> it".
That's clearly and obviously not a correct statement. I've been doing
Smalltalk for twenty years and I can assure you that a significant
number of the people I have worked with, using Smalltalk were/are
children. In both the good sense of childlike and the bad one of
childish. Occasionally both in the same body.

tim
Strange OpCodes: XYZZY: Branch and Play Adventure