self class.

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Mon Oct 18 19:42:28 UTC 2004

Hi Michael--

> At the moment I'm doing quite well without modifying the VM in any
> way; it would be good if I could use stock images for as long as
> possible.

	If you don't need method activation marking (and you don't seem to),
then the rest of my VM changes (in particular, the proxying part) are
perfectly compatible with stock images. In fact, I use them with stock
images frequently myself.

	My opinions:

-	All the >>doesNotUnderstand: stuff isn't worth the eventual hassle.
-	The >>class optimization is worthwhile as VM optimizations go, don't
just dump it. And this incident, on its own, certainly doesn't warrant a
frenzy of dynamic translation or MOP work.

	This is another tempest in a teapot. :)

	good luck,

-C

--