[Q] fonts and encodings

Jan B. Krejčí JanBKrejci at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 11:00:15 UTC 2004

Hi all,

with a massive help of Michael Rueger and Yoshiki Ohshima (thanks!), I
have moved a small step forward in my humble localization effort. I
have now activated my new LanguageEnvironment subclass and I wonder
what to do next.

The next step is to teach Squeak to display national characters correctly.
When I open filelist and look into any UTF-8 encoded file, I see garbage
even when I ask filelist to view it as utf-8 encoded text (from
contextual menu).
I believe this could be related to fonts, somehow.

So the question is: where do I get UTF-8 encoded font containing
ISO-8859-2 characters (free mscore ttf?) and how do I load it into Squeak?

thanks to all brave squeakers wasting their time with a lamer like me

--
.:jbk:.
Jan B. Krejci