[ENH] shiffmanTimeout-brp( was: timing out a method call [su][cd][sm])

pinkney_b at aircom.co.za pinkney_b at aircom.co.za
Thu Oct 21 16:25:04 UTC 2004

Ok,

Here is my port of the Shiffman timeout to Squeak 3.7/3.8.

The Squeak (ANSI?) exception library is a bit different and Squeak has the
Chronology library to specify durations.

I took the liberty of renaming the method to read nicely.

Three SUnit tests included.

Load and try:

  [ 3 + 4 ] duration: 1 minute timeoutDo: [ 6 ]. "Answers 6"

  [ 50000 factorial ] duration: 1 minute timeoutDo: [ 9 ]. "Answers 9"

Cheers

Brent

http://mail2web.com/ .