Unix build question

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 21 22:35:11 UTC 2004

Torsten Sadowski <moehl at akaflieg.extern.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.
> This would mean I would have to generate my own sources and can't simply
> point to Ian's. I found two files src/plugins.ext and .int which seem to
> contain the information I need and disabling (removing) plugins there did
> help but it might no be a "clean" solution. Can any plugin exist
> internally or externally?
Generating from VMMaker is the normal thing to do; Ian provides a full
tarball as a quick way to compile on any of the machines he doesn't
have access to.

Editing the plugins.ext/int files should work ok if all you're
interested in is changing which plugins are internal and external. The
plugin code is the same, just some compiletime defines change and that
is taken care of by the makefile.

Ian already provides framebuffer support - see
platforms/unix/vm-display-fbdev in the sources.

tim
Oxymorons: Advanced BASIC