MySql connection

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Oct 23 03:13:02 UTC 2004

On Oct 22, 2004, at 8:58 AM, squeak at ajr.e4ward.com wrote:

> On Friday 22 October 2004 2:18 am, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Exploring the use of the MySQL driver, I have found that each time I
>> want to do a SQL query I need to create a new JdmConnection.
>
> I also ran into problems trying to reuse a connection for more than
> one query.
> It looks like the driver was designed that way although I have heard
> from
> others  (Colin?)  that it does work, maybe if the resultset is
> completely
> read in between. But my experience and observation is that connections
> are
> not serially reusable much less reentrant. But multiple concurrent
> connections are ok (if not elegant).

You know, I never ran into this problem. I did find that not reading
all of the data after a query would hose the connection, but it would
remain open. Concurrent queries over the same connection won't work
either, but that's normal, for this driver at least. I don't know if
the protocol supports that.

I wish I could be of more help with this but I don't have access to a
MySQL server anymore.

Colin