[Q] Better ways of packaging games in Squeak

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Oct 29 12:25:44 UTC 2004

Fellow Squeakers.

I star to update old projects to 3.7 and trying all stuff I learned of all
you in this year.
So , how I get projects what need load several files in specific directories
, I ended with this .

"Postscript:
Leave the line above, and replace the rest of this comment by a useful one.
Executable statements should follow this comment, and should
be separated by periods, with no exclamation points (!!).
Be sure to put any further comments in double-quotes, like this one."

| fd path  oldFolder newFolderPath pos relativeName b t input pr|
Project openBlankProjectNamed: 'TEG'.
(pr _ Project namedWithDepth: 'TEG') ifNil: [^ self].
pr enter: false revert: false saveForRevert: false.
fd _ FileDirectory default.
(fd directoryExists:  'STEG') ifFalse:[fd createDirectory: 'STEG'].
path _  fd pathName, FileDirectory slash ,'STEG', FileDirectory slash .
(self memberNames) do: [ :aFile| (aFile beginsWith: 'STEG') ifTrue:[
pos _ aFile findString: '/'.
relativeName _ aFile copyFrom: pos + 1 to: aFile size.
 relativeName  _ 'STEG/' , relativeName.
                    self extractMember: aFile toFileNamed:  relativeName ]]
.
oldFolder := FileDirectory default.
Project newMorphicOn: nil.
newFolderPath := oldFolder pathName,FileDirectory slash,'STEG'.
FileDirectory setDefaultDirectory: newFolderPath.
input _ FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'TEGStartButton.morph' .
b _ input fileInObjectAndCode.
b openInWorld.
b position: 20 at 20.
input close.
input _ FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'TEGBlank.morph' .
t _ input fileInObjectAndCode.
t openInWorld.
t center: World center.
input close.
FileDirectory setDefaultDirectory: oldFolder pathName.
DrawPicture inicializarDibujos.

But when I load agin , nothing happen.
If I selected the 3 first lines I get a new blank project.
If I suppress, I ended in creating a new directory and loading morphs in
existing project (what is not what wanted).

By the way, I mofified SARBuilder to let add any file or complete directory
to .sar archive and also have versioning as TEG.8.sar

What I asking is:

Why do not work the postcript ?
Any better way of package complex projects like this ?

Thanks all in advance

P.D TEG is a Argentine Risk variant what let playing 1 to 6 player network