[Q][BUG] Why rotated morph change class ?

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Sep 2 09:59:36 UTC 2004

I doing Squeak teaching to student's of my class.

They are about 20 years old and see something OOP and Smalltalk before using
Smalltalk Express as part of his curricula.

When I show Squeak to them in lab , I took a EllipseMorph from flaps,
duplicate several times , changing color via halo and to one of ellipses I
do rotate via halo too.

I open a Workspace and type:

World submorphs do: [ :m| (m isKindOf: EllipseMorph ) ifTrue: [ m delete ].

Guess what:

The rotate one don't delete. I know what should be originate a
TransformationMorph , so I pick again via halo and raise a inspector.

Surprise!! The inspectors says what still is a EllipseMorph.

Then I subclass Trash can and intercept dropping whit a self halt.

Now I see what morph dropped was TransformationMorph.

They says to me what this is "lack of consistency" and " a real object don't
should change class by the fact you rotate it"

And how I don't have clever answers ,here I asking to list what to say.

Edgar