FFI on OSX: 'Error: Unable to find function address'

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Sep 2 22:29:26 UTC 2004

Well I'm not sure if you are using the os-x carbon version of the VM or
the unix flavor. The best way to track this is download the source, and
build
a debug-able version then see why the load fails.
For the carbon version if you attempt to load library foo it attempts
to find the foo framework in the framework folder(s)

The unix version may load the .so or .dylib flavors

On Sep 2, 2004, at 1:46 AM, Andreas Nilsson wrote:

> Hi.
> I'm trying to use the SQLite package from SqueakMap on Mac OSX but i
> keep getting an FFI errror message ('Error: Unable to find function
> address').
> I've tried copying both libsqlite.so and libsqlite.dylib into both the
> Squeak directory and the Plugin directory but nothing seems to work.
> As i've understood it FFI on OSX works best using frameworks, but I
> could use some help with how to do that given the above files.
>
> Thanks,
> Adde

===