Condense Changes for 3.7 Full?

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Sep 3 09:52:48 UTC 2004

On 27/08/04 23:53, "Hernan Tylim" <htylim at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi,
> My 2 cents are to make both versions available, one with sources
> condensed and one not.
>
> I think that its very important to have images small enough so
> someone with dialup would still want to download and try squeak. Also I
> dare to say that the big majority of squeak users do not need or even
> know that they have this history available. So I think condensing
> sources is the right decision.
>
> But for us, the 1% :) that want to have this history, make it
> available too.
>
> Regards,
> Hernán
Hernan  and all guys in shrinking bussiness.

Starting from 3.7basic
1) Locate makeSqueaklandRelease .
2) Select method and find:

"Now remove larger parts"
3) Edit following line to:
Smalltalk  discard3D;  discardSpeech .
4) Acept
5) In Workspace do:
Smalltalk makeSqueaklandRelease.
System should reach
self halt: 'Ready to condense changes or sources'.
Procedd and in a Workspace do:
Smalltalk condenseChanges
Smalltalk condenseSources

You should finish with no obsoleteClasses and system shrink from 14 Mb to
9.8 Mb without losing any .
When ask for saving sources , I pick 3.7Fullbasic.

Edgar