help build a stable universe

Jan B. Krejčí JanBKrejci at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 22:14:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 15:24:29 -0400, Lex Spoon <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> More seriously, I agree that the stability we desire does not come from
> juist declaring it to be so.  It takes work.  I have already spent 10-20
> hours just going through the list of packages and figuring out which
> ones load and seem to work in 3.7.  Additionally, I have left open a two
> week period for people to test out their packages and see that they work
> okay.  Finally, I expect to put in another chunk of work in two weeks in
> order address any issues that are still outstanding.

I would really like to be able to say "hooray, my package (Over The
Air) is pretty stable" and to recommend it to public use or for
inclusion on any universe, but I'm afraid I simply can't, just because
I don't feel brave enough. I have already spent dozens of hours just
looking to my single humble little package, trying to figure out how
to make it work better and more robust and I have to say that I have
no ideas.

If there would exist something like a voting system, making people
able to say "this packge is useless and nobody wants it" or "wow, that
rocks, keep improving it", maybe I would already know that it's stupid
wasting of time to try to create something like this package.

Or, maybe, some kind of friendly mentoring would show me the right way
forward, but I'm too shy to ask for it, since I'm still pretty new in
this community.

Will anybody want to help me to find the weak parts of code and give
me a little advice? Maybe more programmers with their pieces of code
would also appreciate it...

--
.:jbk:.
Jan B:. Krejci