Connectors 2 missing morphs?

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Tue Sep 7 15:15:17 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 7:55 am, David Faught wrote:
> Just tried playing with moving NetModel to the new Connectors 2 and ran
> into a little difficulty.  I started with 3.7 image updated through the
> "final" update and with the Squeakmap 2 stuff loaded.  Then installed
> Connectors 2, which worked okay.  Then I loaded in a changeset with the
> guts of NetModel in it.
>
> I thought I could just patch up the classes to subclass from whatever
> new classes were appropriate in Connectors 2, but from looking at
> Connectors 2, it seems that the original ones should still be there,
> but they're not.  The specific classes that seem to be missing are
> NCConnectorMorph and NCSketchMorph.  Those are the ones that NetModel
> inherits from, but there could be others missing.

Use NCAAConnectorMorph instead of NCConnectorMorph.

I inadvertently omitted the NCSketchMorph; I'll include it in the next
release.

It's attached.

> I'm guessing that if I install Connectors 1 and then install Connectors
> 2 on top of it that everything would work, but that's just a guess.

No, that won't work. I thought I mentioned that in the info on SqueakMap.
Guess I didn't. I'll update the description.

> I'm also guessing that this is not how you really want the install to
> work ...

That's right. On my TODO list is to allow loading of old projects.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/